Role: Regional Resource Officer (4 Posts)
Organisation: Down Syndrome Ireland
Location: Kerry, Galway, Waterford/ South Kilkenny and Louth / Meath Branches of Down Syndrome Ireland
Employment Type: Part-Time; Varying hours (see individual job descriptions for details)
Salary: On Application
Down Syndrome Ireland (DSI) is seeking to fill the positions of Regional Resource Officers in the following locations –Kerry, Galway, Waterford & South Kilkenny and Louth / Meath
The new roles of Regional Resource Officers will be responsible for developing, coordinating and delivering a range of information services related to the care and support of people with Down syndrome and their families in the regions they are serving.
Role Duties & Responsibilities will include:
The provision of front-line information support services to people with Down syndrome, their families and the wider professional community that interact with DSI members by phone, email and face to face.
The development of an information database to include the compilation of contact persons and organisations working in the areas of early development, education, employment, service-provision, individualised funding and health.
To establish and maintain effective communications within the regional area (branches) and with the National Office of DSI. Communicating the needs of local members and accessing the support of DSI’s national Member Support Team where appropriate.
Requirements (Person Specification):
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and abilities as a minimum requirement:
• A proven track record or appropriate qualification in Community Development, Health / Social Care, Education or Disability.
• Capacity to fulfil the role with confidence, professionalism, empathy and a positive attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work successfully on own initiative and as part of a wider team.
• Mature approach to coping with challenging situations.
• A keen understanding and awareness of people with Down syndrome.
• A high level of computer literacy.
Please apply in writing to the following email address Annette@downsyndrome.ie attaching a cover letter and current CV. Closing date for receipt of Applications is Friday 22nd July 2016
A full job description for each role will be available shortly at www.downsyndrome.ie (https://downsyndrome.ie/about-us-2/vacancies/)